Melvyn Bragg ‘s Radio 4 programme In Our Time  covers all sorts of interesting subjects in fascinating depth for a 45 minute show. Last week the subject was ‘Mars – the search for life on the Red Planet’ and in recent weeks the topics have been:
- Borges – the life and work of Argentina’s best loved short story writer
- The Siege of Constantinople – the end of a thousand years of the Byzantine Empire
- Hell – its representation through the ages
- Indian Maths – laying the foundations for modern numerals and zero as a number
- Anarchism – a question of authority?
- The Speed of Light – a cosmic speed limit?
Quite a range! His approach is simple and effective: get three experts on the subject and contrive a conversation.
Why do I mention this now? Because tomorrow’s programme is on the Jesuits. If you want to listen to it you can hear it live online or download  it for later listening. You can also sign up to receive a regular podcast.
I have no idea who this weeks experts are, though I have reason to believe they don’t include a Jesuit — which seems a little odd, so I might be regretting providing publicity!