The morning papers had a few items that made me pause and think:
- In the Guardian Simon Schama, with his own convoluted eloquence, is comparing the twin tragedies of 9/11 and Katrina.
- The Independent picks up a frightening possibility that the US may adopt a strategy of nuclear first use against WMD.
- The Guardian Online Edition pointed me to two sites remembering 9/11:
- The 9/11 digital archive, funded by the Smithsonian Institute in Washington.
- The victims site where each of the 2,996 people killed is remembered on their own tribute page.