This plugin displays a list of the posts from your blog which have been viewed the most.
This is version 18.104.22.168 . It is compatible with WordPress 1.5–2.6.2
- 22.214.171.124 is the initial release
Popular Posts lets you show off the posts that have attracted the most viewings.
The plugin has an settings page which lets you change how the output is generated and displayed.
- If upgrading from a previous version, first deactivate the plugin via the Plugins page and delete the plugin folder from your server.
- Upload the plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. You will also need to install the Post-Plugin Library.
- Go to your admin Plugins page and activate Popular Posts.
<?php popular_posts(); ?>at the place in your theme files where you want the list of popular posts to appear. Lorelle on WordPress has a good guide to modifying themes for plugins. If you are using a widget-ready theme the plugin can be placed from the widget admin page.
- Use the admin Settings|Popular Posts pages to set all the available options. Alternatively, the options can be overridden by passing a parameter to the random_posts template tag.
Usage and Options
The configuration page will help you to set up the plugin to your satisfaction.
I look forward to your help in ironing out any issues and implementing any good ideas. The plugin settings page has an option to submit bug reports but general comments can be left below.
Frequently Asked Questions
[faq list General Post Plugins]