Unfortunately, due to ill-health, this plugin has not been developed or supported properly for some years. It works with the latest versions of WordPress (including on this website) but could possibly conflict with any WordPress features added after 2008 — e.g. custom post types — if you use them.
This plugin displays a list of the posts from your blog which have been viewed the most.
This is version 22.214.171.124 . It is compatible with WordPress 1.5–2.6.2
- 126.96.36.199 is the initial release
Popular Posts lets you show off the posts that have attracted the most viewings.
The plugin has an settings page which lets you change how the output is generated and displayed.
- If upgrading from a previous version, first deactivate the plugin via the Plugins page and delete the plugin folder from your server.
- Upload the plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. You will also need to install the Post-Plugin Library.
- Go to your admin Plugins page and activate Popular Posts.
<!--?php popular_posts(); ?-->at the place in your theme files where you want the list of popular posts to appear. Lorelle on WordPress has a good guide to modifying themes for plugins. If you are using a widget-ready theme the plugin can be placed from the widget admin page.
- Use the admin Settings|Popular Posts pages to set all the available options. Alternatively, the options can be overridden by passing a parameter to the random_posts template tag.
Usage and Options
The configuration page will help you to set up the plugin to your satisfaction.