Similar Posts in your Feed
Unfortunately, due to ill-health, this plugin has not been developed or supported properly for some years. It works with the latest versions of WordPress (including on this website) but could possibly conflict with any WordPress features added after 2008 — e.g. custom post types — if you use them.
This plugin works with Similar Posts to display a list of related posts after each entry in your blog’s content feed. Since version 2.5 of the post plugins the functionality of this plugin has been included in Similar Posts itself.
This is version 2.3.6 . It is compatible with WP 2.3.
- 2.3.6 has been rebuilt to save memory and can match the current post’s tags. It also fixes a bug with categories in WordPress < 2.3.
- 2.3.3 beta adds the ability to include as well as exclude categories and authors and is able to find posts by tag.
- 2.3.2 beta fixes a conflict between tags and categories.
It requires the Similar Posts plugin to be installed and working correctly (using the custom field similarterms).
The plugin has an options page which lets you change how the output is generated and displayed.
- Ensure that Similar Posts is already installed and working to your liking. Use the Manage page to process terms.
- Upload the whole plugin folder (Similar_Posts_Feed) to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to your admin Plugins page and activate Similar Posts Feed.
- Your content feed should be automatically modified to append a list of related posts after each entry. Use the admin Options|Similar Posts Feed page to set all the available options. Note: You must be logged in with the capability to manage options to be able to access the admin pages–in the role of administrator (WordPress 2+) or user level 8 or above (before version 2).
Usage and Options
The configuration page will help you to set up the plugin to your satisfaction.
This plugin relies on the Similar Posts plugin to manage the creation of custom fields for posts.