Unfortunately, due to ill-health, this plugin has not been developed or supported properly for some years. It works with the latest versions of WordPress (including on this website) but could possibly conflict with any WordPress features added after 2008 — e.g. custom post types — if you use them.
This plugin works with Similar Posts to display a list of related posts after each entry in your blog’s content feed. Since version 2.5 of the post plugins the functionality of this plugin has been included in Similar Posts itself.
This is version 2.3.6 . It is compatible with WP 2.3.
- 2.3.6 has been rebuilt to save memory and can match the current post’s tags. It also fixes a bug with categories in WordPress < 2.3.
- 2.3.3 beta adds the ability to include as well as exclude categories and authors and is able to find posts by tag.
- 2.3.2 beta fixes a conflict between tags and categories.
It requires the Similar Posts plugin to be installed and working correctly (using the custom field similarterms).
The plugin has an options page which lets you change how the output is generated and displayed.
- Ensure that Similar Posts is already installed and working to your liking. Use the Manage page to process terms.
- Upload the whole plugin folder (Similar_Posts_Feed) to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to your admin Plugins page and activate Similar Posts Feed.
- Your content feed should be automatically modified to append a list of related posts after each entry. Use the admin Options|Similar Posts Feed page to set all the available options. Note: You must be logged in with the capability to manage options to be able to access the admin pages–in the role of administrator (WordPress 2+) or user level 8 or above (before version 2).
Usage and Options
The configuration page will help you to set up the plugin to your satisfaction.
This plugin relies on the Similar Posts plugin to manage the creation of custom fields for posts.
This sounds great. Will it work if the feed is run through feedburner?
Elaine: Now there’s a good question! I really don’t know. I don’t use Feedburner. But it would be great to find out from you if it does work…
Had a chance to install this before we go and just wanted to let you know that it does work with feedburner, it just took a few minutes for it to catch up.
Thanks for the great plugins
Cool, thanks for creating this.
Am I correct that this only works if you enable full-text feeds?
I uploaded the “similar posts feed” plugin and activated it without making any changes, but when I check it out in Google Reader all I get is:
* None Found
The “similar posts” plugin is also active and works great in always showing the top 5 similar newsitems. Any solutions? Thanks.
Slowload: Make sure that every post has a custom field called ‘similarterms’ containing the words Similar Posts uses to match on. The custom field gets added and updated when a post is created or edited so new posts are taken care of. You can create fields for all your other posts by using the Manage Similar Posts menu.
Let me know if, after doing that, the feed still shows no matches.
I’m having problems downloading the file. Can you check the link? Thanks!
Marios: I hope that fixes it.
Comments are closed.